Say What's So For You


There is a saying I have been introduced to, which I would like to share with you.  It's, "Say what's so for you."  I wish we were together as I introduce this to you.  Becasue I would love to hear what this phrase stirs up within you. 

The first time I heard this phrase was about 5-6 years ago.  At that time, I was asked to join a small group of pastors who met monthly for a time of fellowship.  Their goal was to have space where they could be authentic with each other.  Little did I know the level of authenticity far exceeded what I had experienced elsewhere.   And it all revolved around saying what's so for you.  This includes sharing experiences and the thoughts and feelings that arose.  It's not about assuming what others thought, felt, or experienced.  Saying what is so for you has everything to do with being present to yourself and speaking from your own understanding.  It includes pushing the pause button on "right or wrong" and simply sharing it with transparency and vulnerability. 

After learning this practice, and having brave spaces for me to try it out, I am finding not many people practice this.  Perhaps this is due to a lack of awareness of self, limited brave spaces, or unaware that such a practice exists.

How about you?  Have you longed for a safe space that is also filled with the spirit of bravery to say what's so for you?  Perhaps, like me, you have internalized far too much of your experiences and all the thoughts and feelings that accompany it for far too long. 

Would you like to say what's so for you to someone else?  I encourage you to partner up with Jesus and begin there.  There is no braver space to be authentic than with the God who loves you. I also encourage you to find someone else, or even better a group of people to say what's so for you.  The support we can find from brothers and sisters in Christ is of extreme value.  Don't pass it by.

If any of this resonates with you, what next step do you need to take?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Called

At This Moment Are You Surviving or Thriving?